Search

Content

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Beloved, Not Forgotten


 ( photo from tumblr)

Starting to chicken out again, I directed my feet to meet them. Kim was nowhere in sight, so I asked for her whereabouts. She went home and will return after two weeks. The girls who answered my query seem kind and jovial. It's a good opportunity to talk. However, feelings of hesitancy and fear clawed at my heart. Great. I'm a dumb mouthpiece for the proclamation of the Gospel.
"What peculiar taste God has in his choice of servants."
He uses people who aren't fit to join His army. Nevertheless, He is a God of impossibilities. He shows His strength to the ignoble and weak. 

So I met four more ladies, namely Irish, Clarisse, Lovely, and Rio. Unlike Kim, they're very much open to hearing what I'm about to share. I talked about Jesus loving them so much that He willingly died for their sins. Our talk got interrupted by the club's boss. He called them up to entertain "guests," but they promised to come back. I was left alone outside. Two men with lust-filled eyes passed by and stopped briefly to check me out. I looked away, and my stomach turned. Realizing I wasn't one of them, they left.

"Dear Lord, how can I invite my sisters to come out of this darkness?"

After a few awkward minutes, the girls started filing out. Relieved, we sat at the pavement and continued what we started. They listened intently, and I saw glints of hope in their eyes.

My heart was filled with joy when they said they believe God loves them enough to be among those He died for. We closed in prayer. That won't be our last meeting. I'm now their friend, and I'll continue sharing God's Word with them. The time will come when they'll desert their jobs and walk with Jesus. I don't know when or how. It may take months or years, and I may face lots of opposition from the enemy, but I'll walk by faith. A faith increased by knowing Him.


A girl crying in the jeepney seat beside me,
Teenagers smoke and loiter late at night.
Drunks making messes of themselves,
And young women exploited for money and pleasure.


Many are in misery and are without hope. In dire need to know that God thinks of and cares for them despite the quagmire of sin they're in. That they're not forgotten. They will have the right to be called the sons and daughters of God if they only believe.
So who will tell them?

Me. You. Us.

Christians..

May we be among those voices who say,
"Lord, here I am. Send me."
#####################
Journal 7/18/12


















0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Heart Cry Missionary Society

Gospel for Asia

Voice of the Martyrs