Search

Content

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Trails of Faith





That the trial of your faith, 
being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, 
though it be tried with fire, 
might be found unto praise and honour 
and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
1Peter 1:7

      ************************************

To my shame, other Christians are and were presently being tortured for their faith yet endures for Christ's sake. They didn't and won't deny Jesus at the cost of their lives while there was me,
denying Christ over superficial things.
*
*
*
When I don't deprive myself of fasting from blogging and internet usage, 
I have already denied Christ. 
When I refuse not to finish a good movie in the evening 
so I'll have time with God, I denied Christ.
When I fail to be gracious to those who irk me, I denied Christ.
When I stop learning unconditional love towards the people
 who stretch my patience, I denied Christ
Most of all, if I can't consent to be vulnerable to criticisms, 
and  the possibility of being misunderstood because of my faith, I denied Christ.
*
*
*
As for vulnerability,
there may come a time that I would get fed up with everything.
Yet God, willing to show the abundance of His grace,
gave me a verse, and I thank Him for it.

 If thou hast run with the footmen, 
and they have wearied thee, 
then how canst thou contend with horses? 
and if in the land of peace, 
wherein thou trustedst, they wearied thee, 
then how wilt thou do in the swelling of Jordan?
Jeremiah 12:5 
*
*
Like Bro. Paul Washer, this verse speaks to me:

"If I can't live with tiny discomforts in life, 
how would my faith be when greater tests come?"


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Heart Cry Missionary Society

Gospel for Asia

Voice of the Martyrs