Search

Content

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Warmth of Love





( photo taken from tumblr)

The first time I laid eyes on them, I saw me. 

 I may not have the same profession as them,
but they are an exact picture of myself before I've come to Christ. 
Filth of the society. Unlovable. Unwanted. Hopeless. 

My heart broke for them.
They need love.
They need Jesus.

It was at that time I've decided I have to tell them about my Beloved.
I didn't know how to reach them, mainly because I only see them at a very awkward place and time.
Yet God has put a burden in my heart not to include them in the thousands of people I just passed by.
A plan came to my mind.

Every Tuesday, after discipleship at our church, 
I purposely walk along the route where they wait for their customers.
There I and some brethren ( if they happen to have walked with me) give out gospel tracks.
This continued on for weeks.
What happened earlier tonight was special though. 
As I was on my way, I was uttering a silent prayer.
" Lord, even if it's just one. If  only I can lead one."
Before I start transitioning to a coward, I stopped in front of that pub house.
I walked towards a girl and introduced myself as one of those who passed tracks every Tuesday night.
Her demeanor shows that she's not interested.
Still, I persisted to have a small talk with her.
Her name is Kim.
She was polite to shook hands with me.
 I asked if she can have time to meet with me for a short Bible study.
Kim started closing doors of herself. She gave reasons why she can't.
Clearly, she doesn't want to have anything to do with me.
"Some things can't be rushed.
I left my number for her to contact me when she'll be available.
On my way home, I noticed my right palm was warm. 
A little odd because I'm one of those people who gets literal icy hands in a cold weather regardless of how thick my clothes are. Oh. Maybe because she remained in my thoughts. 
How Jesus must love her too! 
His love for her flowed from my heart and through my veins
It was a long shot, but I can rely on God's Spirit. 
He's busy searching for His other beloveds.

"Just as He didn't give up on me, He won't give up on them."
*********************************
                                                                 ~ Journal/ 7/10/12 ~                                                                  





































0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Heart Cry Missionary Society

Gospel for Asia

Voice of the Martyrs