Search

Content

Monday, December 5, 2011

The Beauty I Desire To Have

(photo from google)
Like many others, I'm fascinated to see beauty. If you knew me, you can guess I'm not referring to the supermodel and celebrity stuffs. You can bet though that I also mean physical comeliness. I honestly admire women who bear themselves with sophistication and elegance as the occasion requires but their beauty remains unchanged even in simplicity. It never ceases to amaze me how these ladies can enhance their appearances with some touches of make-up and few strokes of a hairbrush regardless of the clothes they wear. Maybe it's their innate talent and I am happy for them. Now, I am not playing inferiority complex but I know I can never be like them. In fact, if you will let me choose between a week of beauty treatments and a week of mountain retreat, no doubt, I will pick the latter. Yes, I admit my interests are sort of androgenic. Does that make me any less a woman? I celebrate and am thankful to God that I'm a woman but such diversion is also inborn. So long as it doesn't oppose Bible principles, I refused to be transformed into a living Barbie doll. I want to be just the way God created me.

Now, before you start concluding I'm anti- femininity, let me get down to what I really want to nail. I have seen less than 31 beautiful faces in my 21 years of living. I admire all of them but I don't covet their beauty. However, there's one beauty that is really outstanding and I may had caught a glimpse of it. I haven't seen its fullness but I'm in constant longing to behold it again. Words would fail to describe it. See? It's just a glimpse and I'm star struck. That explains the title.

I know this feeling is from God. I want to posses such beauty------------the beauty of Jesus Christ. He is so beautiful! !! His beauty is something that our minds couldn't handle. No wonder God had not revealed His full glory yet even to His most faithful servants like Moses. I believe God wants me to have Jesus' beauty too. I'm sure He will make it happen not with the means of this world but conformity to Jesus by His Word through the Spirit.

Psalm 27:4  One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after, that I may live in the house of the Lord, all the days of my life, to behold the Beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in His temple.



2 comments:

  1. Sarah, your posts are so inspiring and convicting! You can truely see the love of God in your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. {^-^} Thank you Jordan! I praise God that you appreciate my writings. My greatest joy, second to being loved by Jesus, is to see people falling in love with Him. Constantly 'abide in Him' and surely, you will savor the sweetest intimacy you could never have imagined.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Heart Cry Missionary Society

Gospel for Asia

Voice of the Martyrs