Search

Content

Monday, May 21, 2012

The Driver Does the Driving


Sometimes, stepping back from "radical, 'action now' for the great commission" type of mentality is healthy for your spirituality. I understand the feeling of being burdened for the lost.Hence, we tend to make plans and strategies on how we can bring more people to Christ by starting this or that ministry. We do have good intentions, but the way most Christians do the 'Great Commission' these days seems to me that we're outrunning God. Having said that, I'm guilty and not excluding myself  from that same fault. Finally, after some hard-learned lessons, I resolved to let God be God on how He runs things. So instead of praying that He'll send me somewhere(where there's less or probably zero knowledge of the gospel), or let me handle some ministries(just to make myself 'useful' in His kingdom), I settled with just having the privilege of seeing Him do mighty things for His glory. I can only wait with excitement and anticipation as He does all the work of drawing people to Himself. Does this mean I'm advocating laziness in laboring for the 'Great Harvest'? Of course not! No true follower of Jesus keeps his/her mouth shut from speaking of Him. In fact, he/she likes bragging about Him because He's rightfully worthy.

You might be scratching your head now thinking,' just what point am I trying to make here?' Nothing big. God just made me give up all self-efforts of trying to be proactively 'helpful' for Him. I'm bad at it anyway. He's the Driver of my life, so I shouldn't be a backseat driver pointing directions on where He should lead me. 

He's tirelessly seeking my other lost brothers and sisters, and He's taking me with Him! Yay! Where He leads, I'll go and where He stops, I'll stop.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Heart Cry Missionary Society

Gospel for Asia

Voice of the Martyrs