Search

Content

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Walk with my Jesus



I went with Jesus for a walk in His garden. The scene was spectacular. I merrily poured out my delight over the beautiful flowers and in chasing butterflies. Jesus was pleased to see me happy.  I noticed he was staring lovingly at a flower. As I approached Him, I noticed a stunning lily in bloom. I was awe-struck and couldn't speak.

"Isn't she lovely?" He asked.

I nodded without taking my eyes off the lily.

"My darling, you are the lily." He smiled sweetly.


That threw me into confusion.

"That's impossible! I can't be as pretty as this lily. You know me. In sin did my mother conceive me (Psalm 51:6b), so I lived a filthy life. How gracious of you, the most beautiful of all, to look away from yourself and see my ugliness. You can't stand it because you are of purer eyes than to behold evil and can't look on iniquity (Habakkuk 1:3a). But grace upon grace, You stretched forth Your arm, drew me near, cleansed me, and I became Yours. "Yet, Lord, I can't be likened to the beauty of this lily, regardless of the good works I've done in Your name." I protested.


Jesus smiled and lovingly answered;

"Dearest, you really are as beautiful as this lily. "That is the reason I can look at you with love."


"I'm afraid I don't understand," was my baffled response.

He then patiently explained.

"The moment you were born again by my Spirit through your faith in Me, we became one. I see myself in you, and you are in me. "You weren't only cleansed by My blood; My beauty clothed your whole being too."

Those dear words engulfed my heart. Tears of joy well my eyes. Despite the lump in my throat, I heard myself say;
"What a tremendous blessing I have in You, Lord Jesus Christ!" 

He charmingly smiled then stroked the lily's petals, but his gaze was fixed on me.

"As the lily among the thorns, so are you among the daughters" (SS 2:2). Do not listen to the voice of the world yelling at you to conform to their standards. Be not afraid of anything, for I have redeemed you for myself. I have called you by your name. You are mine (Isa. 43:1b). "Delight in me, and I will give you the desires of your heart (Psalm 37:4)."

 

Those words in my ears were music, and honey to my taste. Should I not have been spiritually strengthened, I may have lost my mind. It's so intoxicating! Seeing my bewilderment, he extended his hand and spoke softly;


"Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away" (SS 2:13). 

I smiled and clasped his hands. With a silent prayer, I thanked our Father for sending my Prince to rescue me from the cruel master, a.k.a Sin. With Him, my heart is safe.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Heart Cry Missionary Society

Gospel for Asia

Voice of the Martyrs