Search

Content

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Beautiful Heart?


(photo from google)


People say 'Bless your heart' or 'Bless your soul' whenever I do something worth of praise. One dear old lady told me, " You have a beautiful heart." True, such are sweet words, and I'm filled with joy  each time my deeds are appreciated. However, I am set to muse over the description 'beautiful' in reference to my soul or heart. If people looked inside me, they would find things not befitting for the word 'beautiful' . Yes, Jesus saved me and has cleansed my heart. Nevertheless, far from what you may think, I don't look good as new. You will see a heart that was multiple times broken, and a soul filled with scars. From where did I get these blows? God did. As the song says, 'He is the potter, I am the clay.' He can make and break me. He crashes everything that needs to be changed in me. In its place, He puts Himself. If there is only one thing that you will find beautiful in me, it's Jesus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Heart Cry Missionary Society

Gospel for Asia

Voice of the Martyrs