Search

Content

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Thy Word is Life


Oh, let Truth, the
light of my heart,not my own darkness,
speak unto me! I have
descended to that,
and am darkened. But thence, even thence, did I love Thee. I went astray,
and remembered Thee.
I heard Thy voice behind me bidding me return, and scarcely did I
hear it for the
tumults of the unquiet ones. And now, behold, I return burning and panting
after Thy fountain.
Let no one prohibit me; of this will I drink, and so have life. Let me not
be my own life; from
myself  have I badly lived,—death was I
unto myself; in Thee do I revive.
Do Thou speak unto
me; do Thou discourse unto me. In Thy books have I believed, and
their words are very
deep.

~ Augustine, The Confessions~

(photo from google)

       John 6:63  It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: 
                            the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Heart Cry Missionary Society

Gospel for Asia

Voice of the Martyrs