Search

Content

Monday, April 16, 2012

He must Increase, but I must Decrease I (John 3:30)

(photo from google)

Have you been afraid sharing your salvation testimony in front of a crowd? I did. Wish I could say that I’m not because it is not for my sake that God gave me that chance, but for His name to be glorified. Like now, I’m risking vulnerability whenever I share my testimony. It is easy to honor God for His provisions, His help in times of trouble, and His sanctifying work in us. However, there’s the tendency to sulk when it is our turn to share how God saved us. And you know why. We put ourselves in a very uncomfortable and awkward position. Our faults and shame are exposed. When we start to speak of it, we destroy the high expectations of those who think much of us. There’s the risk of being judged, and painful as it may sound, there’s the possibility of desertion by some of our friends. What then? It’s the Holy Spirit that leads the heart and mouth. When He’s at work in us, we can’t make our testimony to sound a bit plausible or sensational. He will get the praise, not us. One thing is for certain though. That there’s the shrinking of ourselves and Him magnified. So be it. He is worthy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Heart Cry Missionary Society

Gospel for Asia

Voice of the Martyrs