Search

Content

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

At The Foot of the Tree


(photo from google)

Thick dusts clogged my nostrils. I am besieged on every side
by clamoring people over a disfigured body hanging on the tree. Looking around,
I saw eyes filled with rage. Surely, this man’s crime is unforgivable. As I
survey the whole scene, my eyes caught a glimpse of some men and women on the
far side. Their faces painted sorrow. I shook my head in disgust. Soon, the
yelling grew louder. What a blood cry! Oddly, I can’t make out their words. Watching
the body on the tree, I felt revulsion towards him.  My mouth moved and was uttering something
loudly, but to my ears it’s inaudible. Slowly, he lifted his head, eyes poring
through the crowd until it rested on mine. I was stunned! His cracked lips
quivered. He’s saying something. It’s impossible for him to be heard over the
noise, so I concentrated on the movements of his lips. Intensely, my mind put
together the words. How my heart was pierced!

“I love you so much to suffer this. Be mine.”

In a moment, my whole world of reality crashed. Flashbacks
of him flooded my memory. He saw me from the beginning, but I knew him not. He
decreed; “Certainly, You shall be mine.”

I can’t breathe! I want to rip my eyes off his penetrating stare
but I can’t! Knowing I can’t escape, I just stood there, held by his gaze. Those
blood-shot eyes invite me to look deeper. I saw longing and passion. His heart
was laid bare. On it is written, “You are mine.”

Tears began trickling down my face. How could you love
someone whom you have found among those crying, ‘Crucify Him! Crucify Him!’

Malachi_3:17  
And they
shall be mine
, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels;
and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.

Isaiah_43:1  
But now
thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O
Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Heart Cry Missionary Society

Gospel for Asia

Voice of the Martyrs