Search

Content

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Love Says, 'Come'


Ruckus between a drunk law enforcer and my newly found friends stopped me on my tracks.
Exchange of profanities heated the atmosphere.

"Whoah! What will I do?"

Though I  prepared myself on the possibility of such encounter, it came sooner than I expected.

Thankfully, the mister decided to walk away. I looked for the girls but only found Clarisse. The rest were already picked. One member of the group came near me and politely asked if I needed anything. That was God's open door. Soon, we became acquainted. His name is Venus ( yes, he is gay). I explained what I do and why I was in their place. He expressed concern that I may be mistaken as one of them. Touched, I smiled, but told him I'd be fine.
" And I know I am. My Prince is with me."
 With laughs, he told me of his religious backgrounds yet none could change him. Of course, we know that religion can't change a person, only Jesus Christ. So, I told him the gospel. 

"Oh, if only the passion in my voice and facial expression can persuade people to believe in my Jesus!" However, I'm not the Holy Spirit.

After I finished sharing the gospel, he thanked me and quickly left. Sigh. Though God is not limited by people's skepticism, I've learned that He comes to a person in His own time. On my way home, I mused on the subject of loving every soul I came in contact with.
" O Lord, I am not just a communicator of Your Word. Help me become a communicator of Your love through my words and deeds. "
Will you pray for their salvation with me? 

Will you also pray for me that I won't get fed up with this endeavor? Yes, as siblings in Christ, let's pray for each other as we go with our Father in His search for our lost brothers and sisters. Whatever the result, let's continue inviting others into a personal relationship with Him.

(Googled Photo)


  Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.   For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light
~ Matthew 11:28-30 ~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Heart Cry Missionary Society

Gospel for Asia

Voice of the Martyrs