Search

Content

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Living My Message with Corrie T.B

"Corrie looked at the man standing in front of her. Instead of seeing his smiling face, she saw the faces of Betsie and her father. The man thrust out his hand to shake Corrie's and as he did so, hatred filled her heart. She would not and could not lift her hand to shake his. "Oh God" she prayed silently, "Help me to live my message." As she prayed those words, it was though a strong jolt of electricity had run through her body. Her arm stretched out as though she had no control over it and she took the man's hand. As she did so, all the hatred she felt melted away and she knew she had forgiven him. "Yes, it's wonderful to know that God forgives all our sins" she said, meaning every word."
~ Corrie Ten Boom, Keepers of the Angel's Den ~

to a deeper understanding of who God is, yet that understanding has had little impact on my life. And I know the problem is not with God, but with me. What Moses said is true.
  "It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God."
Hebrews 10:31
It is a fearful thing to be exposed to a lot of biblically sound doctrines, but I don't act upon the truths heard. It is even more dangerous to teach those truths, yet my life doesn't reflect it. And the most terrifying of all, were the times my lips uttered "Lord, I love you' but my heart was busy pursuing many things other than Him. Hence, that plea from Corrie Ten Boom really sticks out to me.
  
 A Prayer :
 "Lord, I implore You. Help me also live my message. Pour Your Spirit in me. I'm incapable of imitating Jesus without Your Holy Spirit. Forbid that I'll turn to a Pharisee saying ' I believe..' but has no living  proofs of those beliefs in my Christian walk."
 ( photo from tumblr)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Heart Cry Missionary Society

Gospel for Asia

Voice of the Martyrs